Welcome to the White House Farm Foundation!
We are excited about our current projects and realizing the vision for the White House Farm Foundation. We’re interested in various aspects of how to live more sustainably on the land and use our natural resources wisely. Our desire is to work with the community and our partners to answer some of the large questions now facing conservation and development.
- How do we live in balance with our environment?
- How can we enhance the landscape to feed wildlife and ourselves?
- Why is it important to conserve land?
- How can we support local economies?
- Do you have an environmental question?
- Questions about our local water quality, forest health; including status of gypsy moth, emerald ash borer or identification of a tree or shrub or insects?
- Questions on invasive plants?
- Questions on upcoming environmental regulations?
We are glad to help.
The White House Farm is now available to host your wedding, celebration or corporate event!
Photos above by Kayt Greer
Through the generosity of farm owner Scott Plein, we are booking, on a limited basis, events for the 2017 season. Proceeds from reserving the farm for your event will contribute to the White House Farm Foundation programs so you can feel good about your contribution!
We have hosted groups from small, intimate affairs in our fabulous kitchen to larger weddings with 175 attendees under an outdoor tent next to the pool with full views of the restored bank barn, the historic White House and the spectacular backdrop of Massanutten Mountain.
Our location on Highway 211 just three miles west of Luray makes us easy to find.
The beauty of the farm right on the banks of the Shenandoah River will make your event memorable. All proceeds from renting our facility will help support the nonprofit White House Farm Foundation and its youth and adult conservation programs. Please contact us today to discuss pricing and details.
Want to learn more about the history of the White House (c. 1760), and settlement in the Shenandoah Valley?
- Want to identify native plants, trees, and grasses and learn more about the Shenandoah River watershed?
- Curious about birds and pollinators?
- Why not book a tour with us to explore the White House Farm?
We are available to provide personalized tours for groups from 5 to 30 people. We offer either 1 hour, 2 hour or half day guided walks. We love sharing the special aspects of this historic farm and its ecology so contact us for information and tour prices.
Please check back later for announcements about our public events.